Saturday 23 August 2014

Post #3: Alternate Liquids - Acidus

This is a liquid that I actually have, preserved.

I call it "Acidus" which is Latin for "Acid".

This liquid is found in the bodies of Maenad's and is often left behind by The Rake.

According to my journal, I got this liquid by tracking down a dead body of a fully mutated Maenad.

Acidus has the properties of Hydrofluoric Acid, for those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically an acid that can burn practically through anything, even glass. However, unlike Hydrofluoric Acid, this Acid has the color of slight, dark blue in it, making it look like Liquid Oxygen. Also, when I first found this liquid, bleeding out of the dead Maenad's body, it wasn't burning through the ground, nor was it drying out, only when I got close, did it start burning through the ground.

Also, another distinction from the usual Hydrofluoric Acid, is that, Acidus, doesn't create dangerous gas, at least, it didn't so far. Another major difference, is that Acidus doesn't necessarily burn through everything it comes in contact with. Maenad's carry it inside of them without deadly consequences.

I believe that Acidus, just like Azoth, is alive. It doesn't move like Azoth, in fact, in that regard, it doesn't move at all. However, the reason I say it's alive, is because, it seems to choose what it wants to burn. According to my journal, I ran an experiment based on this assumption, since Hydrofluoric Acid can't burn through plastic I created a sort of glove made out of plastic, put a rock into my palm and poured Acidus on top of the rock, the experiment showed that Acidus didn't even try to burn the rock, it was trying to burn through the Plastic Glove, trying to get to my exposed hand, the way I could tell, was that it was creating steam, the steam was coming from under the rock and from around the rock, but not from the top of the rock.

Didn't try to interact with it, via fire, water, etc. Since I don't know what the chain reaction could be, Hydrofluoric Acid is nothing to joke with.

Now, I couldn't take Maenad's body in, for further study, since it was covered in Acidus and would probably burn my arms, while carrying the dead Maenad. My other source was able to dissect a Maenad's body and he says that Acidus seems to mostly stay in two places of the body, a little bit of it in the nervous system and the rest of it practically replaces Hydrochloric Acid (Stomach Acid all of us have). Don't know if this source is still alive to this day, nor did my past self detail any contact information for this Source.

Unlike Slender Man who seems to spread Azoth into a human body, by making internal contact (For example: A stab with it's tentacle) with a human body and then, once inside, separating little bits of it from itself. The Rake seems to do it in a venomous fashion, by biting its victims.

I can't tell if the "Whispers" Maenad's hear are coming from Acidus, or The Rake itself, since we don't have a lot of information on Acidus. However, the fact that Acidus seems to reside in the nervous system of the human's body would suggest that Acidus is responsible for a Maenad Mutation Process, however, that isn't proven.

11 comments:

  1. this isn't my area of expertise, but a couple of points;
    I'm not so sure azoth is spread solely from physical contact with the Tall Man. i have azoth from the Path in me, and just being on the path made me far stronger. seems that there's some other way it gets in, might apply to Slendy's azoth as well. I doubt most proxies get stabbed.

    secondly, azoth is also found in the nerves, for some. Revenants, i think they're called, like Kelevra and me. it can block signals, numb pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair points, for some reason, my documents on Azoth are scattered all over the place, so I'm slowly picking everything up ,so I might make wrong assumptions.

      However, the physical interaction with Azoth, is the most common way people get infected with it, I saw.

      Delete
    2. might be particles of azoth in the air around the Tall Man?
      or maybe most proxies do get stabbed by it at some point. I didn't much talk about the Master when I was one of them.

      Delete
    3. Breathing in azoth particulates seems the most likely manner. Azoth does form a vapor in the lab, which is why I need a double sealed box to work with it safely. Physical interaction is also a method of infection.

      Azoth can be found in certain areas of the brain. It's not unreasonable for it to attach to never tissue in other areas.

      Delete
  2. Hydrofluoric acid can be stored as safely as anything of that nature can really be in containers made of lead, platinum or more cheaply and less toxicly, polyethylene or fluorocarbon plastics. Acidus, being of a similar reactivity, may also be likely held this way.

    Stabbing by either fear, as with biting or with a tentacle, seems to be a method of getting a large amount of the substance into the body very quickly, but this does not preclude other methods of slow, lesser exposure. You did well to wear gloves, and I would recommend a dust mask and safety goggles the next time you work with it.

    As an interesting note, azoth does not like acidic substances, and can be killed by them. The fact that Acidus is so, well, acidic means that it's possible that there can be no such thing as a proxy maenad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can test that out, by trying to add Azoth into the plastic container, which contains Acidus, see what the reaction might be.

      Delete
    2. That'll be an interesting reaction.: D Let me know what happens.

      Delete
  3. Yo, it's me, Kyrylo!! What happens when you neutralise the acidus?

    Have you tried mixing it with phosphazene base?

    MAYBE Maenads develop a stomach lining that doesn't react with acidus By the sounds of it, it reacts with a lot of things (or as you describe it, "burning through"). Sounds like you need to find a substance that's not very reactive itself, to keep it in. For extra precaution, maybe seal it with a gas that's not as reactive. Otherwise, one day, ya go for a sneaky cigarette in the lab and BOOM SHAKA LAKA!!!

    Or if it is a choice, u better be super fucking nice to it!!!

    -Kyrylo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, my past self was afraid of mixing Acidus with anything, cause it seems like it's probably the most dangerous liquid, reaction-wise.

      That's the thing, if only it reacted, it doesn't, it replaces their stomach acid.

      I'm keeping it in a plastic canister. It proved to be unable to burn through Plastic. As for the gas, it might be able to create it, however, so far, I felt none of it, but that could be because I can't sense it, so if it was creating gas all this time, I don't feel changes in my body and seeing as Acidus was preserved for a very long time now, I doubt the gas is dangerous.

      I don't have anything fiery in this room, if I need to conduct experiments with fire, I got to a completely different room. If I need a smoke, I go to the main room, etc.

      Delete