Wednesday 27 August 2014

Post #4: Alternate Liquids - Frigidus

I call this liquid - "Frigidu", which is Latin for "Cold".

As you can probably guess, I will be talking about The Cold Boy's Liquid, or rather, the lack of it.

According to my journal, one of the many encounters with "The Children of The Cold" I had, I managed to decapitate one of them and then store the head within my base of operations.

According to me, The Children of The Cold don't have a liquid, at least, they don't seem to "bleed" it out.

The inside of the head is completely frozen: the brain, the pupils, tongue, teeth, etc. All of it is frozen solid, I had a hard time cutting into the child's head with the kitchen knife, trying to break through the ice. Once I did, their brain was frozen solid, just like the skull. Other than that, there was nothing unusual located in the child's head.

Apparently the ice never melts, because looking at the head right now, it's still frozen solid. In fact, it seems to freeze even more, since the cut in the head has ice growing around the gap.

But then, according to my journal, it dawned on me, that maybe the liquid itself, was the ice? So I cut off a piece of the child's left cheek. Since this is the only liquid so far, that I could actually put under a microscope without any danger, I found something strange:

The Skin of The Cold Child.

As you can see, the skin, apart from it being frozen, looks normal. However, there are these blue cells growing on top of the already frozen skin. I have no idea what that is, but I assume that this is Frigidu, a substance that causes the ice to grow and maintain it's cold aspect, no matter what, literally, I tried to melt it, put it under the light, left it in the hottest area of my base, threw it in hot water, no effect. The ice just stays the same. Frigidu doesn't seem to move, it just grows.

It is also said that their pupils are sometimes black. However, the pupil on this Child's head is normal and frozen. I cut it out to investigate it, maybe something in it, that makes it black. Found nothing.

So for now, this is all there is to say about Frigidu. But looking at a few blogs, there is more things to investigate concerning The Cold Boy.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting.

    Is it possible the blackness is due to a physiological factor that is a result of the Ice, rather than the Ice itself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be.

      It is now believed and even backed up by some research that Emotions are connected your brain through the nervous system. The heart serves as a sorts of complex information and networking center. It connects to the brain through the nervous system, which in combination with the brains information, forms emotion (Theory not completely proven yet).

      If we are to believe that, then we know that psychology has direct effect on emotions. So maybe, through psychology, which effects emotions, which effects the nervous system, the brain and the heart. Frigidus is affected and as a response to the psychological meddling, it turns the eyes black.

      So, once the host dies, their heart, brain and nervous system, stops operating. So Frigidus has nothing to work with from there on, hence why the eyes are simply frozen.

      Delete
    2. "Everything psychological is biological."

      Also, whoops. Not pupils. Iris and sclera.

      If the blackness is reactively or deliberately activated, that explains why it's absent after death.

      Delete
  2. Emotions do manifest physically.

    For example I have had severe depression and anxiety for all my teenage years. In the worst of spells it gives headaches, backaches, digestive problems, loss of appetite and so on. Also I would grit my teeth in my sleep with gave me problems with my jaw. The line between emotional, mental and physical is far more blurred than people know.

    Actually, that reminds me, I need to do a post on mental health at some point because people on the blogs who haven't had such issues tend to talk about them in a dismissive "just pull through it" tone.

    ReplyDelete