Monday 22 September 2014

Post #6: Experiment #2 - Aging

Apologies for the long absence, one of the side effects of crossing into a different universe.

That's what my last post was, a phone call into a different universe. I can't really go too much into depth on how I managed to pull it off, we all have to keep a few secrets to ourselves. The kid required help, so I helped him.

After that little stunt, I had to shut off all my electrical equipment for a good amount of time, so I wouldn't be tracked, hence the silence.

I decided to go through with Lovett's idea, of course, before I could do that, I had to check my journal if my past self did this experiment already. He did, but of course, in order to see for myself, I had to do it myself.

So I put on my rubber suit, got the jar where a good portion of Azoth was located. Cut three pieces of it off and put those 3 pieces in the same plastic box near each other. The result was an expected one, they merged together into one. So I decided to cut it into 3 pieces again, but this time, put the pieces further away from each other. The pieces couldn't merge together, they were trying, but they were too far away from each other, the pieces were moving, but they were moving very slowly. Which shows that in little doses and with no host, Azoth is weak.

You'd think that the experiment ends there, right? Well, no. Based on some records, I decided to do another experiment. I took another jar of Azoth out, this Jar has housed the Azoth for 2 years (According to my journal) the reason why it didn't fall apart yet, is because there's a lot of it inside, opening this Jar alone is very risky. But we don't get anywhere without taking a few risks.

So I opened the Jar and tried to cut bits of it off, it tried to lash out at me, but I put a drop of Acidus in the Jar, so it would be occupied with eliminating Acidus. While it was doing that, I managed to cut one piece of it off, after which I put that piece inside the box with the other Azoth.

Now the interesting part begins, it didn't try to merge with it, didn't even try to move towards it, both of the pieces remained stationary. So I decided to help them out a little, I picked up the older Azoth and put it on top of the fresher one.

I waited for a few minutes and then saw that the Azoth that was older, was starting to bubble up, but upon closer examination, it wasn't bubbling up at all, it was the older Azoth's tendrils ripping into the fresher Azoth. I couldn't really see what was happening, but what I did see a few minutes later, was that the fresher Azoth was hardened and it actually fell apart into what seemed like to be black dust. I wanted to pick up the samples of the dust, but was unable to, because they just dissolved, there was nothing left other than the older Azoth.

So apparently, Azoth does age, the way I can tell is that as we age, we change. That's what happened to the Azoth that I had for two years, it changed, which means that it aged.

10 comments:

  1. Not just age, this could also be possibility of confirmation of differentiation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't write that cause it seemed like too much of an obvious thing to type out.

      But yeah, you're right.

      That gives me an interesting thought.

      Delete
  2. The older azoth didn't grow at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaborate please:

      Didn't grow in size? Or Age?

      Delete
    2. I was thinking weight. if it absorbed the younger azoth, it makes sense it would be heavier.

      Delete
    3. When the three pieces of younger Azoth joined together, they grew in size.

      However, when the older Azoth hardened the younger Azoth, the older Azoth didn't grow in size, it remained about the same size as it was.

      Hence, I don't think that the process that I saw, was an absorption process.

      Delete
  3. The older Azoth essentially 'killed' the younger? That's interesting info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I thought that the Younger Azoth would overwhelm the Older One, since the Younger Azoth was bigger.

      Apparently, size doesn't matter.

      Delete
    2. That's odd, I wonder if this could be used as a way to 'rid' a person's body of large Azoth concentrations.

      Delete
    3. That is a very interesting question.

      Delete